Friday, January 19, 2018

"Back To The Bedroom"

I received a Janet Evanovich book for Christmas and it has been a while since I have read any of her novels and I'm behind on her Stephanie Plum series!  I went to https://www.fantasticfiction.com and printed a list of all her books and I'm starting from the beginning of her writing and working my way forward to the most current.

The introduction to "Back To The Bedroom" is written by Janet and she tells about the twelve short romance novels she wrote before writing the Plum novels.  She describes these romance novels as "red-hot screwball comedies" and they were published between 1988 and 1992,  They immediately went out of print until being re-released in paperback in 2005 or so.  I decided to start with these especially after reading that they feature Elsie Hawkins who was the prototype for Grandma Mazur in her Plum series.

"Back To The Bedroom" is a love story between two unlikely people -- a female who is a serious musician and her next door neighbor who won the lottery and likes to spend his days playing with toys.  Although they've been neighbors, they don't really meet until a camera from a helicopter falls through her roof and makes a hole in the attic and top floor of her home.  This complicates her life because she has decided to take in a renter (Elsie Hawkins) to help with the expenses with the house she inherited from her divorce.  It's also when all the adventures start and our musician finds her disciplined life turned upside down! 

It's a fun read and I'm on to the next book, "Smitten," but first I have to find out from my library how to check out a book as a download on my Kindle!  Janet"s "Smitten" is only available in that form at my local library.  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment