Friday, September 15, 2017

"Vertigo" DVD

"Vertigo"  was written up in a recent article I read as one of the movies being recognized for excellence in AFI's 100 Years.....100 Movies.  The movie came out when I was in high school and I'm not sure if I saw it at the theater or not so  I decided to check out the DVD.

It's an Alfred Hitchcock movie starring James Stewart as a recently retired police detective and Kim Novak as the wife of one of his college acquaintances.  When the acquaintance asks him to tail his wife because he's concerned about her sanity, he accepts with reservations.

The rest of this romantic mystery is pure Alfred Hitchcock with its twists and turns.  Although it didn't make it big at the box office when it was released, I can see why it has become a popular DVD.  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment