Wednesday, August 26, 2015

"The Debt"

"The Debt" is a John Madden film starring Helen Mirren, Sam Worthington, Jessica Chastain, Ciaran Hinds and Tom Wilkinson.  It was recommended to me by a co-worker who did say it might not be everyone's "cup of tea."

What happens when you make a decision that you later regret?  Can you change events?

This R rated movie uses flashbacks and modern day scenes to tell the story of three Mossad agents who were assigned to track down a Nazi war criminal hiding in East Berlin.  They were charged with bringing him back to Israel for trial but something goes wrong and the rest of the tale is one of twists and turns.

I've always been intrigued by World War II and anything to do with the Holocaust and I began researching it and writing school papers about it during high school.  I watched the film to the end but my husband decided to check it out on the web and found out the secret so stopped watching it with me.  I refused to let him tell me what happened so I could experience the film on my own.  I would recommend it but, as my co-worker indicated, it might not be a film everyone wants to see.  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment