Sunday, March 1, 2015

"Big Girl Panties"

"Big Girl Panties" by Stephanie Evanovich was a book I picked up by mistake.  I guess I confused Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum with Stephanie Evanovich and thought I was picking up a Janet Evanovich novel -- even the title sounded like Janet.  That's where the similarity ends except both Evanovich authors are from New Jersey.

"Big Girl Panties" is a lighthearted love story.  When Holly Busch, who is terrified of flying, ends up on a flight with personal trainer, Logan Montgomery, he sees a woman who is overweight and needs to get fit.  Her sense of humor appeals to him and he ends up offering her a special at one of his two personal training gyms to help her get back in shape.  She is smitten but has no illusions about someone as drop dead gorgeous as Logan is having a romantic interest in her.

What starts out as a professional relationship eventually turns to friendship when Logan learns Holly is a widow estranged from her family and without many friends.  He introduces her to his best friend Chase Walker, a professional baseball player, and his wife, Amanda.  Amanda takes Holly under her wing and as she loses weight, Amanda helps her learn how to dress her new body.

Logan eventually begins to take a romantic interest in Holly after many outings with her and the Walkers.  However, the course of true love doesn't run smooth so, of course, there are some glitches along the way.

I have to admit I skimmed over the last part of the book to get to the ending.  It was a fun read but I really like mysteries better so I doubt that I'll be checking out any more Stephanie Evanovich books.  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment