Monday, June 30, 2014

"Ffolkes"

"Ffolkes" is a fast paced edge of your seat thriller starring Roger Moore, James Mason, and Anthony Perkins.   A columnist for the Mukilteo Beacon mentioned he'd watched it again recently and I thought it sounded good -- forgetting that I had actually seen it years ago.  When I brought it home from the library, my husband said, "Why did you get that movie?"  I explained that the local columnist had recommended it so I'd decided to check it out.  My hubby said he'd recently watched it a couple of times on Roku.  When he reminded me of the plot, I realized I'd seen it, too, but we both agreed it was worth watching again.

Roger Moore plays the part of Rufus Excalibur Ffolkes who has a team of underwater experts training at his castle all the time -- preparing for any emergency that might require this team's special skills.  They're very handy at martial arts, too. 

When a team of madmen headed by Lou Kramer (and portrayed by Anthony Perkins) decide to hijack a supply ship and a drilling platform in the North Seas and hold crews and equipment hostage until the British government plays them a ransom, Ffolkes and his team are called in. 

Even having seen this movie before, I was still on the edge of my seat so, if you like thrillers (with a touch of comedy), you'll enjoy this one.  Roger Moore is great as an eccentric team leader and Anthony Perkins does what he was known for doing best -- playing the bad guy!  I wonder what he was really like?!  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment