Thursday, December 19, 2013

"Blood and Ashes"

Matt Hilton's "Blood and Ashes" features ex-soldier Joe Hunter and I got the impression while reading this book that it is not the first one in the series.  I hate that because I prefer to read them in order but I couldn't put it down so didn't bother to try to find the first in the series yet.  That will be my next goal -- see what order they're in and start reading!

This book is action packed but also full of blood and gore so be warned.  Hunter is called to aid an ex-comrade whose daughter has been murdered but when he arrives in town, his comrade, Don Griffiths, believes the whole family is in danger -- him, his 2 grandchildren, his son-in-law, and the daughter that still lives at home with him.  When Hunter encounters a couple of goons on his return walk to his car, he becomes convinced also.  That's when the action starts and it doesn't stop until the end!  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment