Friday, October 28, 2011

About Last Night.....

"About Last Night" features Rob Lowe, Demi Moore, James Belushi, and Elizabeth Perkins exploring relationships/dating in the 80's. The film is based on David Marnet's Obie award-winning play, "Sexual Perversity in Chicago" and, if you're offended by nudity, this isn't a film you want to watch. It focuses mainly on the relationship between Danny Martin (Lowe) and Debbie Sullivan (Moore) who meet at a bar, have a one-night stand that turns into something more. Can their moving in together stand the test of time and lead to love? Their best friends and romantic advisers are played by James Belushi and Elizabeth Perkins who provide some comedic relief. The cast was all much younger then but their talent shines through revealing the potential stars they all became.

Although it was a fun movie to watch, I couldn't really identify with it since I was already married and the parent of 3 children by the 80's. I was also raised in a time when sex before marriage was frowned on so this movie was not my dating experience. I can see pros and cons in the freedom that young people now have to explore their relationship before making a permanent commitment. Which do I think is better? I honestly don't know -- what do you think?

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment