Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"Fiddle Game"


Richard A. Thompson's, "Fiddle Game," is the first of what I hope will be a long and successful series featuring bail bondsman, Herman Jackson.

Herman Jackson has set himself up as a bail bondsman in St. Paul running away from his former life. When a young woman comes to him using a valuable violin as collateral to bail her brother out of jail, he takes the bait then watches as she is murdered in front of his office. When he sets out to uncover her murderer, the trail takes him to a crooked cop,
Gypsies, and puts his own life at risk. Along the way, he discovers some unusual sources of assistance.

This is a mystery full of unexpected twists that kept me guessing until the very end. I want to thank my spouse for finding this book at our library and introducing me to it after he finished it -- and for not spoiling the story for me by giving away any of it before I read it!

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment