Monday, August 1, 2011

Salt


When the movie, Salt, came to the theaters last year, I heard mixed reviews about it but I was determined it was a movie I wanted to see and rate myself. I put myself on the waiting list at our library and finally was able to pick it up, bring it home, and view it. I was not disappointed.

Angelina Jolie plays a CIA operative who is accused of being a sleeper agent (or double agent for Russia) after years of proving her loyalty to the U.S. and the CIA. Early on in the movie she is on the run and we're left to wonder - "Is she or isn't she?" You'll have to find out for yourself.

Don't miss the special features at the end of the DVD -- particularly, director Phillip Noyes radio interview. He's almost as interesting as the movie and I definitely want to make sure I see his movies -- past and future.

An interesting side note is the fact that about the time the movie was released was when 11 individuals were accused of being "sleepers" in the U.S. and were sent back to Russia. My husband and I were left to ponder what happens to someone so acclimatized to the States and who has spent so little time in their home country when they're forced to leave their life here?

"Salt" is an action packed movie and Jolie makes a believable heroine - enjoy!

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment